[or-cvs] r8572: changelog cleanups (tor/trunk)
arma at seul.org
arma at seul.org
Sun Oct 1 22:11:04 UTC 2006
Date: 2006-10-01 18:11:04 -0400 (Sun, 01 Oct 2006)
New Revision: 8572
--- tor/trunk/ChangeLog 2006-10-01 21:59:09 UTC (rev 8571)
+++ tor/trunk/ChangeLog 2006-10-01 22:11:04 UTC (rev 8572)
@@ -1,18 +1,17 @@
Changes in version 0.1.2.2-alpha - 2006-10-??
o Major features:
- Add server-side support for "reverse" DNS lookups (using PTR
- records so clients can determine the canonical hostname for a
- given IPv4 address). This has been specified for a long time,
- but was previously never implemented. This is only supported by
- eventdns; servers now announce in their descriptors whether they
+ records so clients can determine the canonical hostname for a given
+ IPv4 address). Only supported by servers using our eventdns async
+ library; servers now announce in their descriptors whether they
- Specify and implement client-side SOCKS5 interface for reverse DNS
lookups; see doc/socks-extensions.txt for full information.
- Add a BEGIN_DIR relay cell type for an easier in-protocol way to
- connect to directory servers through Tor. Previously, clients could
- only connect to director servers over Tor from exit nodes, but couldn't
- get directory information anonymously from a non-exit cache without
- getting a directory server involved.
+ connect to directory servers through Tor. Previously, clients
+ could only connect to directory servers over Tor from exit nodes,
+ but couldn't get directory information anonymously from a non-exit
+ cache without getting a separate exit node involved.
o Minor features:
- Check for name servers (like Earthlink's) that hijack failing DNS
@@ -71,8 +70,9 @@
o Minor Bugfixes:
- Two small performance improvements on parsing descriptors.
- - Fix big bug affecting performance for both serving and reaching
- hidden services.
+ - We were building exactly the wrong circuits when we anticipated
+ hidden service requirements, meaning Tor would have to build all
+ its circuits on demand.
- Major performance improvement on inserting descriptors: change
algorithm from O(n^2) to O(n).
- Make the common memory allocation path faster on machines where
@@ -96,14 +96,13 @@
With the old code, if a guard was unreachable by us but listed as
running, it would clog our guard list forever.
- Make eventdns give strings for DNS errors, not just error numbers.
- - Be prepared in case we ever have a network with more than 2GB per
+ - Be prepared in case we ever have a network with more than 2GB per
second total advertised capacity.
- Documented (and renamed) ServerDNSSearchDomains and
- Patches so Tor builds with MinGW on Windows.
- The Debian package now uses --verify-config when (re)starting,
More information about the tor-commits