[or-cvs] r9130: some suggestions on todo items (tor/trunk/doc)
arma at seul.org
arma at seul.org
Fri Dec 15 21:08:28 UTC 2006
Date: 2006-12-15 16:08:26 -0500 (Fri, 15 Dec 2006)
New Revision: 9130
some suggestions on todo items
--- tor/trunk/doc/TODO 2006-12-15 21:06:21 UTC (rev 9129)
+++ tor/trunk/doc/TODO 2006-12-15 21:08:26 UTC (rev 9130)
@@ -56,10 +56,13 @@
o Test and debug
- turn the received socks addr:port into a digest for setting .exit
- be able to connect without having a server descriptor, to bootstrap.
- - handle connect-dir streams that don't have a chosen_exit_name set.
- - include ORPort in DirServers lines so we can know where to connect.
+R - handle connect-dir streams that don't have a chosen_exit_name set.
+N - include ORPort in DirServers lines so we can know where to connect.
N - Document .noconnect addresses... but where?
+ How about a new file 'tor-addresses.txt' or 'address-spec.txt'
+ that describes .exit, .onion, .noconnect, etc? Or section 2.2.2
+ of path-spec.txt? -RD
x - We should ship with a list of stable dir mirrors -- they're not
trusted like the authorities, but they'll provide more robustness
@@ -276,7 +279,8 @@
Minor items for 0.1.2.x as time permits:
- - don't do dns hijacking tests if we're reject *:* exit policy?
+ D don't do dns hijacking tests if we're reject *:* exit policy?
+ (deferred until 0.1.1.x is less common)
o Some way for the authorities to set BadExit for some nodes manually.
- When we export something from foo.c file for testing purposes only,
make a foo_test.h file for test.c to include.
@@ -293,8 +297,6 @@
- Flesh out options_description array in src/or/config.c
- Don't let 'newnym' be triggered more often than every n seconds.
o change log_fn() to log() on notice/warn/err logs where we can.
- - the deb now uses --verify-config to distinguish between configuration
- errors and other errors. Should the rpm, the ports, etc do this too?
X If we try to publish as a nickname that's already claimed, should
we append a number (or increment the number) and try again? This
way people who read their logs can fix it as before, but people
More information about the tor-commits