[or-cvs] todo items to switch dirservers entries to config lines
arma at seul.org
Wed Aug 4 05:27:57 UTC 2004
Update of /home/or/cvsroot/doc
In directory moria.mit.edu:/home2/arma/work/onion/cvs/doc
todo items to switch dirservers entries to config lines
and remove old todo items
RCS file: /home/or/cvsroot/doc/TODO,v
retrieving revision 1.139
retrieving revision 1.140
diff -u -d -r1.139 -r1.140
--- TODO 3 Aug 2004 22:19:46 -0000 1.139
+++ TODO 4 Aug 2004 05:27:55 -0000 1.140
@@ -18,34 +18,6 @@
- milestone 1:
- o make all ORs serve the directory too.
- o "AuthoritativeDir 1" for dirservers
- o non-authorative servers with dirport publish opt dircacheport
- o make clients read that and use it.
- o make clients able to read a normal dirport from non-trusted OR too
- o make ORs parse-and-keep-and-serve the directory they pull down
- o authoritativedirservers should pull down directories from
- other authdirservers, to merge descriptors.
- . allow dirservers to serve running-router list separately.
- o "get /running-routers" will fetch just this.
- o actually make the clients use this sometimes.
- o distinguish directory-is-dirty from runninglist-is-dirty
- - ORs keep this too, and serve it
- o Design: do we need running and non-running lists?
- o tor remembers descriptor-lists across reboots.
- . Packages define datadir as /var/lib/tor/. If no datadir is defined,
- then choose, make, and secure ~/.tor as datadir.
- o Adjust tor
- o Change torrc.sample
- D Change packages (not till 0.0.8 packages!)
- o Look in ~/.torrc if no */etc/torrc is found.
-NICK - Possible to get autoconf to easily install things into ~/.tor?
- o Contact info, pgp fingerprint, comments in router desc.
- o Add a ContactInfo line to torrc, which gets published in
- descriptor (as opt)
- o write tor version at the top of each log file
. refer to things by key:
o extend cells need ip:port:identitykeyhash.
@@ -104,13 +76,8 @@
o get contrib/tor_resolve into the tarball and installed
- and working
- for pre1:
- o 0.0.8 ORs should use identity key for 0.0.7 ORs sometimes but
- not always?
- o we should publish advertised_bandwidth in descriptor
- o bug: 0.0.8 OPs can't extend from an 0.0.7 OR to an 0.0.8 OR
+ - Possible to get autoconf to easily install things into ~/.tor?
- when we sigint tor, the dns/cpuworkers don't intercept sigint?
- "AcceptOnlyVerifiedRouters" config option?
- why does common/util.c build-depend on or/or.h ?
@@ -130,16 +97,32 @@
ORAddress:port. Same with DirPort, SocksPort.
- requiredentrynode vs preferredentrynode
- per-month byte allowances
- - if using not-socks4a then warn, once.
- - if unverified server then warn, once.
+ o if using not-socks4a then warn, once.
+ o if unverified server then warn, once.
- add a listener for a ui
- and a basic gui
- faq and doc-wiki
- knoppix distro
- win32 installer using privoxy's installer
- - win32 problems with pre1
- - asn.1 issues?
+ o win32 problems with pre1
+ . asn.1 issues?
+ o Switch dirservers entries to config lines:
+ - read in and parse each TrustedDir config line.
+ - stop reading dirservers file.
+ - add some default TrustedDir lines if none defined, or if
+ no torrc.
+ - remove notion of ->is_trusted_dir from the routerlist. that's
+ no longer where you look.
+ - clean up router parsing flow, since it's simpler now?
+ - when checking signature on a directory, look it up in
+ options.TrustedDirs, and make sure there's a descriptor
+ with that nickname, whose key hashes to the fingerprint,
+ and who correctly signed the directory.
+ - when fetching a directory, if you want a trusted one,
+ choose from the trusteddir list.
+ - which means keeping track of which ones are "up"
+ - if you don't need a trusted one, choose from the routerinfo
+ list if you have one, else from the trusteddir list.
More information about the tor-commits