[or-cvs] update the spec wrt choosing aci"s
arma at seul.org
Wed Oct 1 01:56:48 UTC 2003
Update of /home/or/cvsroot/doc
In directory moria.mit.edu:/home2/arma/work/onion/cvs/doc
update the spec wrt choosing aci's
RCS file: /home/or/cvsroot/doc/tor-spec.txt,v
retrieving revision 1.32
retrieving revision 1.33
diff -u -d -r1.32 -r1.33
--- tor-spec.txt 26 Sep 2003 18:28:32 -0000 1.32
+++ tor-spec.txt 1 Oct 2003 01:56:46 -0000 1.33
@@ -175,9 +175,9 @@
open a new connection to that router.
3. Choose an ACI not already in use on the connection with the
- first router in the chain. If our address/port pair is
- numerically higher than the address/port pair of the other
- side, then let the high bit of the ACI be 1, else 0.
+ first router in the chain. If we are an onion router and our
+ nickname is lexicographically greater than the nickname of the
+ other side, then let the high bit of the ACI be 1, else 0.
4. Send a CREATE cell along the connection, to be received by
the first onion router.
@@ -202,8 +202,9 @@
When an onion router receives an EXTEND relay cell, it sends a
CREATE cell to the next onion router, with the enclosed onion skin
- as its payload. The initiating onion router chooses some random
- ACI not yet used on the connection between the two onion routers.
+ as its payload. The initiating onion router chooses some ACI not
+ yet used on the connection between the two onion routers. (But see
+ section 4.3. above, concerning choosing ACIs.)
As an extension (called router twins), if the desired next onion
router R in the circuit is down, and some other onion router R'
More information about the tor-commits