[tor-announce] [RELEASE] Tor stable 0.4.8.12

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Thu Jun 6 14:41:37 UTC 2024

Greetings,

We just released tor 0.4.8.12:
https://forum.torproject.org/t/stable-release-0-4-8-12/13060

Here is the ChangeLog.

Changes in version 0.4.8.12 - 2024-06-06
  This is a minor release with couple bugfixes affecting conflux and logging.
  We also have the return of faravahar directory authority with new keys and
  address.

  o Minor feature (dirauth):
    - Add back faravahar with a new address and new keys. Closes 40689.

  o Minor features (fallbackdir):
    - Regenerate fallback directories generated on June 06, 2024.

  o Minor features (geoip data):
    - Update the geoip files to match the IPFire Location Database, as
      retrieved on 2024/06/06.

  o Minor bugfix (circuit):
    - Remove a log_warn being triggered by a protocol violation that
      already emits a protocol warning log. Fixes bug 40932; bugfix
      on 0.4.8.1-alpha.

  o Minor bugfixes (conflux):
    - Avoid a potential hard assert (crash) when sending a cell on a
      Conflux set. Fixes bug 40921; bugfix on 0.4.8.1-alpha.
    - Make sure we don't process a closed circuit when packaging data.
      This lead to a non fatal BUG() spamming logs. Fixes bug 40908;
      bugfix on 0.4.8.1-alpha.

Cheers!
David

--
UDjW8OCkZGhFDx/ok1rcq2Z9OdCBKV3j9cBvoU4i27o=