[tor-announce] Urgent: Release 0.4.5.14, 0.4.6.12 and 0.4.7.10

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Fri Aug 12 15:00:54 UTC 2022

Greetings,

We had to do an emergency release due to an IPFire GeoIP database bug they
informed us about.

Announcement:
https://forum.torproject.net/t/urgent-stable-release-0-4-5-14-0-4-6-12-and-0-4-7-10/4270

Dear packagers, sorry about the inconvenience but we had no choice. ChangeLog
below.

Cheers!
David

Changes in version 0.4.7.10 - 2022-08-12
  This version updates the geoip cache that we generate from IPFire location
  database to use the August 9th, 2022 one. Everyone MUST update to this
  latest release else circuit path selection and relay metrics are badly
  affected.

  o Major bugfixes (geoip data):
    - IPFire informed us on August 12th that databases generated after
      (including) August 10th did not have proper ARIN network allocations. We
      are updating the database to use the one generated on August 9th, 2022.
      Fixes bug 40658; bugfix on 0.4.7.9.

--
3CBm2Bbvakv+fCJGDKJrAZGUoUfOOQOqR7XrrPOT9n8=