[tor-announce] [RELEASE] Tor stable release 0.4.7.7

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Wed Apr 27 16:20:06 UTC 2022

Greetings,

We have just released the first stable version of the 0.4.7.x series.

https://forum.torproject.net/t/stable-release-0-4-7-7/3108

As stated on the Forum (link above), we would like to ask all packagers to
package this version as soon as possible so Exit relay operators can start
upgrading in order to bring congestion control to the network. Thanks a lot
for your work and help! :)

The 0.4.7.7 release notes contains the all changes contained in 0.4.7:

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/raw/release-0.4.7/ReleaseNotes

The ChangeLog since the release candidate is below (pretty small):

  o Minor features (fallbackdir):
    - Regenerate fallback directories generated on April 27, 2022.

  o Minor features (geoip data):
    - Update the geoip files to match the IPFire Location Database, as
      retrieved on 2022/04/27.

  o Minor bugfixes (congestion control, client side logs):
    - Demote a warn about 1-hop circuits using congestion control down to
      info; Demote the 4-hop case to notice. Fixes bug 40598; bugfix on
      0.4.5-alpha.

Cheers!
David

--
L+ZaVoe4gUF+iKYet2Q0wR/cgOp+HaFTqV4sVyM314M=