[tor-announce] Tor Browser 8.5.5 is released
boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Sep 5 14:16:14 UTC 2019
Tor Browser 8.5.5 is now available from the Tor Browser Download page 
and also from our distribution directory .
This release features important security updates  to Firefox.
This release is updating Firefox to 60.9.0esr, Tor to 0.4.1.5 , and
NoScript to 11.0.3. This release also includes various bug fixes. On
the Windows side, we should now have support for accessibility tools .
On the Android side, we added support for arm64-v8a devices .
This is expected to be the last release in the 8.5 series: on October 22
we will switch to the 9.0 series, based on Firefox 68ESR.
Note 1: Due to some issue with Google Play's new requirement for 64bit
versions , we have not yet been able to publish the Android x86 and
x86_64 versions on Google Play. We hope to be able to fix this in the
next days. In the meantime the x86 version can be downloaded from our
Note 2: There is an issue with the aarch64 version on Android 9 
causing a crash on every launch. We are working on a fix for this issue.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.5.4 is:
* All platforms
* Update Firefox to 60.9.0esr
* Update Torbutton to 2.1.13
* Bug 31520: Remove monthly giving banner from Tor Browser
* Bug 31140: Do not enable IonMonkey on AARCH64
* Translations update
* Update NoScript to 11.0.3
* Bug 26847: NoScript pops up a full-site window for XSS warning
* Bug 31287: NoScript leaks browser locale
* Bug 31357: Retire Tom's default obfs4 bridge
* Windows + OS X + Linux
* Update Tor to 0.4.1.5
* Bug 31547: Back out patch for Mozilla's bug 1574980
* Bug 27503: Provide full support for accessibility tools
* Bug 30575: Don't allow enterprise policies in Tor Browser
* Bug 31141: Fix typo in font.system.whitelist
* Bug 28119: Tor Browser for aarch64
* Build System
* All platforms
* Bug 31465: Bump Go to 1.12.9
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the tor-announce