[tor-announce] Tor Browser 8.0.9 is released

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Tue May 7 00:45:52 UTC 2019

Tor Browser 8.0.9 is now available from the Tor Browser Download page [1]
and also from our distribution directory [2].

    1: https://www.torproject.org/download/
    2: https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/8.0.9/

This release is fixing the issue which caused NoScript and all other
Firefox extensions signed by Mozilla to be disabled [3].

    3: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

If you used the workaround mentioned in our previous blog post [4],
don't forget to set the xpinstall.signatures.required entry in
about:config back to true after installing this update.

    4: https://blog.torproject.org/noscript-temporarily-disabled-tor-browser

Note: We did not bump the Firefox version number to be able to build
faster, thus it will still show 60.6.1esr as the Firefox version.

The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.0.8 is:

* All platforms
  * Update Torbutton to 2.0.13
    * Bug 30388: Make sure the updated intermediate certificate keeps working
  * Backport fixes for bug 1549010 and bug 1549061
    * Bug 30388: Make sure the updated intermediate certificate keeps working
  * Update NoScript to 10.6.1
     * Bug 29872: XSS popup with DuckDuckGo search on about:tor