[tor-announce] Tor Browser 8.5.1 is released

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Tue Jun 4 19:09:45 UTC 2019

Tor Browser 8.5.1 is now available from the Tor Browser Download page [1]
and also from our distribution directory [2].

    1: https://www.torproject.org/download/
    2: https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/8.5.1/

Tor Browser 8.5.1 is the first bugfix release in the 8.5 series and aims
at mostly fixing regressions and providing small improvements related
to our 8.5 release. Additionally, we disable the WebGL readPixel()
fingerprinting vector [4], realizing, though, that we need a more
holistic approach when trying to deal with the fingerprinting potential
WebGL comes with.

    4: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/30541

The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.5 is:

 * All platforms
   * Update Torbutton to 2.1.10
     * Bug 30565: Sync nocertdb with privatebrowsing.autostart at startup
     * Bug 30464: Add WebGL to safer descriptions
     * Translations update
   * Update NoScript to 10.6.2
     * Bug 29969: Remove workaround for Mozilla's bug 1532530
   * Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.5.13
   * Bug 30541: Disable WebGL readPixel() for web content
 * Windows + OS X + Linux
   * Bug 30560: Better match actual toolbar in onboarding toolbar graphic
 * Android
   * Bug 30635: Sync mobile default bridges list with desktop one
 * Build System
   * All platforms
     * Bug 30480: Check that signed tag contains expected tag name