[tor-announce] Tor Browser 8.0.5 is released

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Tue Jan 29 19:20:45 UTC 2019

Tor Browser 8.0.5 is now available from the Tor Browser Project page [1]
and also from our distribution directory [2].

    1: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html
    2: https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/8.0.5/

This release features important security updates [3] to Firefox.

    3: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2019-02/

This new release updates Firefox to 60.5.0esr and Tor to the first stable
release in the 0.3.5 series, 0.3.5.7 [4].

    4: https://blog.torproject.org/new-releases-tor-0357-03410-and-03311

Apart from that it contains a number of backports from the alpha series,
most notably the proper first-party isolation of range requests when

We also updated NoScript and HTTPS Everywhere to their latest versions
and removed our donation campaign related code.

The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.0.4 is:

 * All platforms
   * Update Firefox to 60.5.0esr
   * Update Tor to 0.3.5.7
   * Update Torbutton to 2.0.10
     * Bug 29035: Clean up our donation campaign and add newsletter sign-up link
     * Bug 27175: Add pref to allow users to persist custom noscript settings
   * Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.1.7
   * Update NoScript to 10.2.1
     * Bug 28873: Cascading of permissions is broken
     * Bug 28720: Some videos are blocked outright on higher security levels
   * Bug 26540: Enabling pdfjs disableRange option prevents pdfs from loading
   * Bug 28740: Adapt Windows navigator.platform value on 64-bit systems
   * Bug 28695: Set default security.pki.name_matching_mode to enforce (3)