[tor-announce] Tor Browser 6.5.1 is released
boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Mar 8 09:20:46 UTC 2017
Tor Browser 6.5.1 is now available from the Tor Browser Project page 
and also from our distribution directory .
This release features important security updates  to Firefox.
This is the first minor release in the 6.5 series and it mainly contains
updates to several of our Tor Browser components: Firefox got updated
to 45.8.0esr, Tor to 0.2.9.10, OpenSSL to 1.0.1k, and HTTPS-Everywhere
Additionally, we updated the bridges we ship with Tor Browser and fixed
some regressions that came with our last release.
In Tor Browser 6.5 we introduced filtering of content requests to
resource:// and chrome:// URIs  in order to neuter a fingerprinting
vector. This change however breaks the Session Manager addon . Users
who think having extensions like that one working is much more important
than avoiding the possible information leakage associated with that can
now toggle the 'extensions.torbutton.resource_and_chrome_uri_fingerprinting'
preference, setting it to 'true' to disable our defense against this
type of fingerprinting.
An other regression introduced in Tor Browser 6.5 is the resizing of
the window . We are currently working on a fix for this issue.
Here is the full changelog since 6.5:
* All Platforms
* Update Firefox to 45.8.0esr
* Tor to 0.2.9.10
* OpenSSL to 1.0.2k
* Update Torbutton to 184.108.40.206
* Bug 21396: Allow leaking of resource/chrome URIs (off by default)
* Bug 21574: Add link for zh manual and create manual links dynamically
* Bug 21330: Non-usable scrollbar appears in tor browser security settings
* Translation updates
* Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.11
* Bug 21514: Restore W^X JIT implementation removed from ESR45
* Bug 21536: Remove scramblesuit bridge
* Bug 21342: Move meek-azure to the meek.azureedge.net backend and cymrubridge02 bridge
* Bug 21326: Update the "Using a system-installed Tor" section in start script
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the tor-announce