[tor-announce] Tor Browser 7.0.2 is released

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon Jul 3 23:20:10 UTC 2017

Tor Browser 7.0.2 is now available from the Tor Browser Project page [1]
and also from our distribution directory [2].

    1: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html
    2: https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/7.0.2/

This release features an important security update to Tor.

We are updating Tor to version 0.3.0.9 [3], fixing a path selection bug
that would allow a client to use a guard that was in the same network
family as a chosen exit relay. This release also updates HTTPS-Everywhere
to 5.2.19.

    3: https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-0309-released-security-update-clients

Here is the full changelog since 7.0.1:

 * All Platforms
   * Update Tor to 0.3.0.9, fixing bug #22753
   * Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.19