[tor-announce] Tor Browser 6.5.2 is released

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Apr 19 21:15:20 UTC 2017

Tor Browser 6.5.2 is now available from the Tor Browser Project page [1]
and also from our distribution directory [2].

    1: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html
    2: https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/6.5.2/

This release features important security updates [3] to Firefox.

    3: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2017-11/

This should be the last minor release in the 6.5 series. This release
updates Firefox to 45.9.0esr, Noscript to 5.0.2, and HTTPS-Everywhere
to 5.2.14.

Moreover, we included a fix for the broken Twitter experience and worked
around a Windows related crash bug. To improve our censorship resistance
we additionally updated the bridges we ship.

Here is the full changelog since 6.5.1:

 * All Platforms
   * Update Firefox to 45.9.0esr
   * Update HTTPS-Everywhere to 5.2.14
   * Update NoScript to 5.0.2
   * Bug 21555+16450: Don't remove Authorization header on subdomains (e.g. Twitter)
   * Bug 19316: Make sure our Windows updates can deal with the SSE2 requirement
   * Bug 21917: Add new obfs4 bridges
   * Bug 21918: Move meek-amazon to d2cly7j4zqgua7.cloudfront.net backend
 * Windows
   * Bug 21795: Fix Tor Browser crashing on github.com