[tor-announce] Tor Browser 6.0.2 is released
boklm at torproject.org
Wed Jun 22 16:17:53 UTC 2016
Tor Browser 6.0.2 is now available from the Tor Browser Project page 
and also from our distribution directory .
Tor Browser 6.0.2 is a fixup release to address the most pressing issues
we found after switching to Firefox 45.2.0esr.
In particular, we resolved a possible crash bug visible e.g. on Faceboook
or mega.nz and we fixed the broken PDF download button in the PDF reader.
Note: In version 6.0 we started code signing the OS X bundle for Gatekeeper
support. A side effect of this signature is that it makes it harder to
compare the bundles we ship with the bundles produced using reproducible
builds, therefore we plan  to post instructions for removing the OS X
code signing parts on our website soon. An other effect is that the
incremental update will not be working for users who installed the previous
version using the .dmg file, due to bug 19410 . The internal updater
should still work, though, doing a complete update.
Here is the full changelog since 6.0.1:
* All Platforms
* Update Torbutton to 126.96.36.199
* Bug 19417: Clear asmjscache
* Bug 19401: Fix broken PDF download button
* Bug 19411: Don't show update icon if a partial update failed
* Bug 19400: Back out GCC bug workaround to avoid asmjs crash
* Bug 19348: Adapt to more than one build target on Windows (fixes updates)
* Bug 19276: Disable Xrender due to possible performance regressions
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1554 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the tor-announce