Tor 0.1.1.25 is released

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Nov 9 07:27:39 UTC 2006

Tor 0.1.1.25 fixes yet more crashes and performance bugs, as well
as quieting some loud but harmless log warnings. If any of them are
bothering you, consider upgrading.

http://tor.eff.org/download.html

Changes in version 0.1.1.25 - 2006-11-04
  o Major bugfixes:
    - When a client asks us to resolve (rather than connect to)
      an address, and we have a cached answer, give them the cached
      answer. Previously, we would give them no answer at all.
    - We were building exactly the wrong circuits when we predict
      hidden service requirements, meaning Tor would have to build all
      its circuits on demand.
    - If none of our live entry guards have a high uptime, but we
      require a guard with a high uptime, try adding a new guard before
      we give up on the requirement. This patch should make long-lived
      connections more stable on average.
    - When testing reachability of our DirPort, don't launch new
      tests when there's already one in progress -- unreachable
      servers were stacking up dozens of testing streams.

  o Security bugfixes:
    - When the user sends a NEWNYM signal, clear the client-side DNS
      cache too. Otherwise we continue to act on previous information.

  o Minor bugfixes:
    - Avoid a memory corruption bug when creating a hash table for
      the first time.
    - Avoid possibility of controller-triggered crash when misusing
      certain commands from a v0 controller on platforms that do not
      handle printf("%s",NULL) gracefully.
    - Avoid infinite loop on unexpected controller input.
    - Don't log spurious warnings when we see a circuit close reason we
      don't recognize; it's probably just from a newer version of Tor.
    - Add Vidalia to the OS X uninstaller script, so when we uninstall
      Tor/Privoxy we also uninstall Vidalia.