Tor 0.0.2pre24 prerelease is out
arma at mit.edu
Wed Mar 3 09:54:13 UTC 2004
This is a bugfix-and-refactor release. You should upgrade if your pre23
is crashing. :) Keep the bug reports coming; we'll see if pre24 is any
better. pre24 should be compatible with pre18-23.
Note that 'make install' will clobber your torrc, so back it up if you've
If you're upgrading from pre21, you will have a 'tor' binary left over in
your /usr/local/sbin, and you'll have to remove it by hand. Sorry.
Improvements since 0.0.2pre23:
- Fix an assertion failure in dns.c, where we were trying to dequeue
a pending dns resolve even if it wasn't pending
- Fix a spurious socks5 warning about still trying to write after the
connection is finished.
- Hold certain marked_for_close connections open until they're finished
flushing, rather than losing bytes by closing them too early.
- Correctly report the reason for ending a stream
- Remove some duplicate calls to connection_mark_for_close
- Put switch_id and start_daemon earlier in the boot sequence, so it
will actually try to chdir() to options.DataDirectory
- Make 'make test' exit(1) if a test fails; fix some unit tests
- Make tor fail when you use a config option it doesn't know about,
rather than warn and continue.
- Make --version work
- Patches on the rpm spec file and tor.sh, so they're more up to date
More information about the tor-announce