[tor-access] CloudFlare CAPTCHA Timeout Loop

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 00:21:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the best place for CloudFlare-specific bug reports.
(I'm happy to direct it to the appropriate channel.)

If I have Tor Browser open in High Security level (no JavaScript), and I open
a page with a CloudFlare CAPTCHA, and wait a minute or so before answering
the CAPTCHA, I see the following message:

"Sorry, something went wrong. Please try reloading the page."

This error message is also wrong: in order to get the link to work, I need to
copy the link, close the tab, and open a new tab with the same link.

Using the same tab and hitting reload results in a form resubmission dialog.
If the form data is resubmitted, I get the same message, if I say Cancel, I
get a blank page.

I can imagine this being really frustrating for people who open tabs in the
background, and for those whose cognitive or motor functions are slower than
expected by the underlying code. (And those who don't understand the
workaround of opening the same link in a new tab.)

Any chance of getting this fixed as a matter of priority?

Tim

--
Tim Wilson-Brown

twilsonb at mac dot com