[tbb-dev] Tor Browser arm builds

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Fri Apr 9 22:47:26 UTC 2021

Hi folks! A user on irc pointed us to
https://github.com/Botspot/pi-apps
which has an unofficial Tor Browser arm build -- unofficial because,
among other reasons, there *are* no official Tor Browser arm builds at
this point.

It apparently pulls from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tor-browser-ports/
which...just has binaries, meaning it's hard to tell what exactly
got built?

They seem to be made by this person:
https://sourceforge.net/u/holind/profile/
https://launchpad.net/~holindho

So, I know nothing more, but I wanted to pass the info on to the Tor
Browser team, in case they can find a way to make good use of it, e.g.
by bringing the person into the Tor ecosystem.

After all, it is not easy to build a Tor Browser for arm, and if they
have done it well that would be great. :)

--Roger