[tbb-dev] Tor Browser Moving to Release Train

Matthew Finkel sysrqb at torproject.org
Mon Feb 3 22:33:32 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

Following the Mozilla All-Hands last week, we've made the decision that
Tor Browser will move from being based on the Firefox ESR (extended
support release) train to the Firefox (rapid) Release train. This is a
large change for us, and the decision was not made easily. We finally
made this decision due to the development process of Mozilla's new
Android browser (Fenix) and how we plan on building Tor Browser based on
it (as well as maintaining and developing the desktop browser in
parallel).

More details will become available as we make decisions about new
processes and procedures. We'll announce meetings for discussing these
topics on this list over the coming months.

Thanks,
Matt