[tbb-dev] [tbb-commits] How to update tor browser from CMD in Windows 10?

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Mon Apr 6 08:49:16 UTC 2020

Keifer Bly:
> Hello all,
>
> I am wondering, is there a way to automatically update tor browser bundle from
> the CMD in Windows 10? I am trying to do this to automatically update tor
> browser when Windows starts. Thank you.

There is no automated way the Tor Browser provides. If you want to use
Tor Browser's update mechanism you need to run it.

That said I can imagine you could write a script that checks for new Tor
Browser versions during Windows start up, downloads them if available
and extracts and overwrite the necessary parts if so. I am not aware of
such a script, though.

(Cc'ing tbb-dev which is a better list than tbb-commits)

Georg