[tbb-dev] EFFs privacy badger, tracking protection

Chris Hemsing Chris.Hemsing at hemsing.eu
Tue May 21 06:10:48 UTC 2019

I don't know the details of the tests of panoticlick.eff.org.

However, it seems an external attempt to track my browser.
Preventing fingerprinting is reported fine with tor browser.

However the panopticlick report with tor browser otherwise reports:

Is your browser blocking tracking ads?     ⚠ partial protection
Is your browser blocking invisible trackers?     ⚠ partial protection

In case this is a correct finding, one should investigate the "partial protection".
In case this is an artefact of panopticlick meeting tor browser, then at least
one should give a hint to the developers of panopticlick about their test being
inaccurate.

Chris