[tbb-dev] Tor Browser 8.0 Retrospective

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Fri Sep 7 15:07:18 UTC 2018

<mozilla hat>

Hey Tor,

Can we have a retrospective on the 8.0 release and how things went
from an uplift perspective?  What was good (hopefully the windows
build had few hiccups?), bad (reviewing networking code), unexpected
bugs (permission+canvas patch interaction), etc?

We can do it over irc if that's preferable, and I'd suggest doing it
similar to the existing meetings where we add to the pad before-hand).

Timing-wise, ideal time would probably be 8 AM PDT / 3 PM UTC.  Any
later than that and it will be too late for the Berlin folks; any
earlier and it'll be too earlier for the Pacific folks.  But if that
time doesn't work, we could still push it later in the day.

When doesn't matter much. Sometime in the next few weeks?  Maybe it
would be better to do it in Mexico City? (Only disadvantage is I won't
be there (and I have the most context on the MinGW build stuff...)

I want us to figure out how we can make subsequent releases of Tor
Browser much easier.

-tom