[tbb-dev] Tentative roadmap up to (and including March 2019)

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Fri Oct 12 16:24:38 UTC 2018

Hi!

Georg Koppen:
> Below comes the link to our tentative roadmap:
> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tbb-roadmap-2018-19

Thanks a lot! I've checked the bits that we discussed at the Tails
summit together, which are most likely to impact Tails:

> - Single-locale language repacks (#27466) (georg)
> - Sign our own extensions (#26553) (georg)

I assume that both are 8.5 material, to be released next March.

We'll need to be in the loop for these changes:

 - Single-locale language repacks: if done alone it will break our use
   case, but last time I checked the repack trick code, it seemed not
   to hard to additionally generate a bundle with all locales
   included, which would be perfect for us.

 - Sign our own extensions: my last comment on the ticket still
   applies. If the code/pref we need has to be fully removed, we can
   deal with it ourselves somehow; the earlier we know we'll have to
   do that, the better for our own roadmapping process.

> - Tor Launcher migration (#XXX) (mcs/brade)

Is the goal to include this change in 8.5?

The corresponding notes on
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2018MexicoCity/Notes/TBBMeetingDays
vaguely suggest it'll rather for 68 ESR but I'd like to be sure.
In any case, I'd appreciate if someone could give me the corresponding
ticket number if/once there's one :)

Cheers,
--
intrigeri