[tbb-dev] Tor Browser 7.5.5 seg fault

qubenix qubenix at riseup.net
Mon Jun 25 05:47:00 UTC 2018

Hello, I've got a strange issue where I'm getting a seg fault when
trying to launch tbb 7.5.5 with the included start-tor-browser script.

Here is a "bash -x start-tor-browser" log:
https://paste.debian.net/plainh/9170feda.

I'm using Qubes/Whonix (Debian stretch) as my os, you can see the thread
I started on the Whonix forum:
https://forums.whonix.org/t/whonix14-qubes3-2-latest-upgrade-prevent-tor-browser-from-launching/5345.

To add some complexity and strangeness to this all, launching tbb with
the Whonix "torbrowser" script works even though it ultimately uses the
same script which fails for me.

You can see a successful "bash -x torbrowser" log here:
https://paste.debian.net/plainh/cea3d210.

I'm happy to provide any further information upon request.

Thank you for reading.

--
qubenix
GPG: B536812904D455B491DCDCDD04BE1E61A3C2E500