[tbb-dev] Future Plan for Tor Browser for Android

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:09:46 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 12:44:00PM +0000, Georg Koppen wrote:
> Matthew Finkel:
> > In conclusion, I propose we develop Tor Browser for Android based on
> > Firefox Fennec ESR. This is not an official ESR, but the changes between
> > Fennec releases will be very small (if any changes at all). This will
> > allow us maintain the same branches for desktop and mobile.
>
> Sounds almost like a best-case scenario for us, great. We should think
> about how we get timely information about possible security updates we
> need to backport. I guess we can create a weekly "monitor
> mozilla-central for possible security/privacy related backports"-role
> and/or I can try to get a more timely access to Fennec-only security bugs.

Yes, I agree. Igor and I can watch non-security-related tickets[0], but
we'll need your help or Tom's help with getting the security-related
tickets.

[0]
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=14195161&order=Importance&resolution=---&classification=Client%20Software&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&component=GeckoView&product=Firefox%20for%20Android