[tbb-dev] Roadmaps and funding moving forward.

Mark Smith mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Mon Sep 25 20:16:09 UTC 2017

On 9/22/17 11:05 AM, isabela wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I wanted to have a little follow up on this. First thanks for checking
> the pad and adding stuff there.
>
>> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/FJWrnBf1SXemGKhOK_Wxwl57BVlj0Ynjn8lXcjFO_k8
>
> I was wondering if we could take some time on Monday's meeting to talk
> about this part:
>
> * "New identity for this site" / new identity for every search
> * Support more locales
> * UX improvements
>   ** simplifying security UI (Security Slider, NoScript, Click-to-play)
>   ** Hiding or simplifying parts of about:preferences and other footguns
>   ** Fixing performance problems such as connecting to websites
>   ** Improve circuit display (guards, explanations, etc.)
>   ** Improving fonts (whitelisted and bundled)
>   ** acquisition ux work - download process and get connected to the
> network (tor launcher)
>   ** user onboarding ux work - about:tor page
>   ** adblocker (such as uBlock Origin)

I skimmed the tbb-usability tickets and added some tickets to the pad.
But I am not sure how to set priorities. I suspect everyone will have a
different opinion, but I would say that we should focus our efforts on
acquisition plus the things that make Tor Browser more difficult to use
on a daily basis (e.g., security UI, circuit display, website
compatibility problems).

-Mark