[tbb-dev] Where is Orfox being developed?

Nathan Freitas nathan at freitas.net
Thu May 25 13:19:28 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017, at 06:29 AM, e3b at riseup.net wrote:
> all the sites linked to on https://guardianproject.info/apps/orfox/ are
> inactive, except for the repository on
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-browser.git/ , where Georg Koppen
> seems to be the only active contributor.

We have a #tor-mobile channel on OFTC that is becoming more active.

Otherwise, this is the main repo for builds:
https://github.com/guardianproject/Orfox
and this is the repo where we track the main tor-browser code with
patches for Android:
https://github.com/guardianproject/tor-browser/tree/0d08726e5067b9d608f6fa219287251ddad56a45

Since Orfox is mostly a rebase and tweak on top of Georg and other's
work on the main tor-browser project, it can sometimes seem like it
isn't very active.

Also, we've been spending a lot of energy working on iOS efforts, since
the state of a tor-based browser there has not been very good. More on
that soon.

+n