[tbb-dev] Using a more recent macOS SDK

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Sat Jul 1 00:25:14 UTC 2017

Most of the mac gitian descriptors are using MacOSX10.7.sdk.tar.gz. I
don't know the source of that originally.

In working on the mac build for Snowflake, I had to apply a few
workarounds for features that are not present in the 10.7 SDK, which
would be unnecessary if using the 10.9 SDK.
https://bugs.torproject.org/19001#comment:32

The blog announcement for Tor Browser 7.0 notes that it drops support
for macOS 10.7 and now requires 10.9.
https://bugs.torproject.org/18530

Does that mean that the Firefox build uses the 10.9 SDK, while the other
descriptors still use the 10.7 SDK? (It wasn't clear to me reading the
source code. mac/gitian-firefox.yml unpacks MacOSX10.7.sdk.tar.gz but
doesn't seem to use it.) What does it take to use a more recent SDK in
other descriptors (especially mac/gitian-webrtc.yml)?