[tbb-dev] Team meetings calendar and Tor Browser Team

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Mon Jan 30 11:10:00 UTC 2017

isabela at riseup.net:
> Hello Tor Browser Team!
>
> I would like to share a little bit how we will be organizing the team
> meetings day at Amsterdam Meeting. As you might have seem at the meeting
> wiki:
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2017Amsterdam#Weekataglance
>
> We are reserving a day just for the teams to meet:
>
> Thu, 23 Mar: Teams meet to work on mapping and other issues; general
> meeting invitees arrive; group dinner in the evening.
>
> We created a 'calendar' system to better organize this day.
>
> I bet most of you haven't use google calendar  but at Twitter we did
> and a cool feature was to be able to see everyone's calendar so you
> could figure out a good time to schedule a meeting.
>
> I created a 'calendar' for us here:
>
> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/_xuQsyM7Lkssjv9gKLw2rePMn9JYhtUBx1nr5WgwiU7
>
> You will see that some folks have already schedule meetings on it.
> Please read the suggested guidelines on how to use it.
>
> Some things to keep in mind as we organize Tor Browser Team meetings:
>
>  1. In the past we used this time to organize our roadmaps
>  2. You might want to invite Linda to join your roadmap discussion as
> she will be working on some tasks with you (all ux work before building
> UIs etc)
>  3. You should think if you want invite any person who is coming to Tor
> Meeting and you think should be in an specific meeting (remember this
> day is for teams and teams invites only) - maybe would be good to
> include some mobile people and have a mobile roadmap meeting?

I've thought about that a bit the past week and I think it might make
sense to have

1) A meeting for Tor Browser deliverables (currently Sponsor4 only,
might be soon for DLR stuff as well)
2) A meeting with Mozilla folks to discuss where we are and where we
want to be in about half a year

I was pondering a third one just about UX plans as we have some
important items that are currently on no roadmap (e.g. improving UX for
our font defense, delivering Tor Browser to more than 15 locales,
security slider improvements...) and I want to discuss how we can make
progress on them as well.

Georg