[tbb-dev] Fwd: Announcing the next Extended Support Release of Firefox - ESR60 with policy engine

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Fri Dec 22 09:04:51 UTC 2017

Hi!

Tom Ritter:

[...]

> Second, we will branch ESR from 60 instead of 59.

Too bad for Tails, we had already based quite some plans on the
assumption that Tor Browser would most likely switch to ESR59 on
July 3. Anyways:

I guess this implies that Tor Browser stable releases will likely
switch to ESR60 on 2018-08-28, when ESR52 stops being supported.
Right?

Is this something we at Tails should rely on, or should we be prepared
to the — maybe less likely — possibility that the switch
happens earlier, e.g. on 2018-07-03?

Cheers,
--
intrigeri