[tbb-dev] roadmaping and tracking dependencies

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Fri Apr 21 15:13:00 UTC 2017

isabela:
> Hello TBB!
>
> As a result of organizing ourselves into teams and coordinate our
> efforts towards similar goals (e.g. better support for mobile users).
> Tor's Vegas teams are in need of better visibility of what each one is
> doing and better coordination of deliverables/dependencies.
>
> In order to achieve that, I am asking all Vegas teams to organize their
> work in a roadmap (covering at least till the end of 2017).
>
> Once that is done, I would like the team to identify
> possible dependencies on other teams to get your work done.
>
> For instance, I start working on it with the UX team and they are aware
> of some dependencies you have on them for certain deliverables:
>
> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/f9a3OwWFIyOlNrY1W9CxmxkFnlGbWvGzofJazGo6ywK
>
> I know you have discussed and updated your roadmap at the AMS meeting. I
> took the liberty of pasting it from the wiki in this pad:
>
> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/gf-PXTTtFJyzrpqDoGepLwXa4Sr4JUb-hWIK6yqylxs
>
> If you don't have any further updates to it. I would like that you
> identify the dependencies you have on other teams and by when they need
> to be done so you can work at your deliverables.
>
> Please do it even for the ones the UX team has already identified you
> depend on them. The goal here is to have a full list of dependencies
> from each team to make sure everyone is on the same page.
>
> Once we have this list - I will help facilitate the coordination of that
> with the other teams.
>
> BTW - other teams might have dependencies on you too!
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you want me to hang
> out at your next meeting to help with it.

Thanks for getting this started. So far it seems to me we don't have
many dependencies on tasks to be done by other teams. I'll think a bit
more about it and update the storm page so we have it ready for the
meeting on Monday. If others have ideas or think they found a dependency
that should get added, please go ahead.

FWIW: if we think we have a dependency on Mozilla to achieve an item,
then we can add that one, too. Even if there is a difference between
inhouse teams and Mozilla it can't hurt making those dependencies
explicit. And maybe that even helps prioritizing tasks we'd like to see
Mozilla working on.

Isa: I think it is not strictly necessary for you to come to the next
meeting but feel free to drop by in case there are questions or
clarifications needed.

Georg