[tbb-dev] roadmaping and tracking dependencies

isabela isabela at torproject.org
Tue Apr 18 13:42:58 UTC 2017

Hello TBB!

As a result of organizing ourselves into teams and coordinate our
efforts towards similar goals (e.g. better support for mobile users).
Tor's Vegas teams are in need of better visibility of what each one is
doing and better coordination of deliverables/dependencies.

In order to achieve that, I am asking all Vegas teams to organize their
work in a roadmap (covering at least till the end of 2017).

Once that is done, I would like the team to identify
possible dependencies on other teams to get your work done.

For instance, I start working on it with the UX team and they are aware
of some dependencies you have on them for certain deliverables:

https://storm.torproject.org/shared/f9a3OwWFIyOlNrY1W9CxmxkFnlGbWvGzofJazGo6ywK

I know you have discussed and updated your roadmap at the AMS meeting. I
took the liberty of pasting it from the wiki in this pad:

https://storm.torproject.org/shared/gf-PXTTtFJyzrpqDoGepLwXa4Sr4JUb-hWIK6yqylxs

If you don't have any further updates to it. I would like that you
identify the dependencies you have on other teams and by when they need
to be done so you can work at your deliverables.

Please do it even for the ones the UX team has already identified you
depend on them. The goal here is to have a full list of dependencies
from each team to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Once we have this list - I will help facilitate the coordination of that
with the other teams.

BTW - other teams might have dependencies on you too!

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you want me to hang
out at your next meeting to help with it.

Cheers,
isabela