[tbb-dev] TBB gpg signing key rotation plans?

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Tue Apr 18 13:47:00 UTC 2017

Patrick Schleizer:
> Hi,
>
> do you have a schedule for changing to newer TBB gpg signing keys?
>
> I am asking, because torbrowser downloaders developers such as of
> torbrowser-launcher, tb-updater and sandboxed-tor-browser would ideally
> know about in advance.

There is no schedule for that other than rotating the signing subkey
roughly once a year (if we think the current signing key is not safe to
use anymore we'll do this transition earlier, of course). And it won't
happen within a point release. I guess planning to do so for every .5
series might be a good thing. This change will always be tested in the
alpha channel first as it was done this time as well.

Georg