[tbb-dev] TBB vs mandatory extension signing

anonym anonym at riseup.net
Tue Apr 11 16:10:00 UTC 2017

anonym:
> I think it can be argued that just flipping the build switch that
> disables the extension code signing checks is preferable.

Actually, I just tested a nightly build from today, and setting

    pref("xpinstall.signatures.required", false);

still allows our two unsigned extensions to be loaded (but with the warning) and they work as expected. Is this because tor-browser-52.0.2esr-7.0-2 is based on a development branch of Firefox? I.e. I cannot rely on this being the case when TBB 7.0 is released, right?

Cheers!