[tbb-dev] TBB 6.0.5 / screen resolution and color depth

scar scar at drigon.com
Fri Sep 23 00:02:20 UTC 2016

Georg Koppen wrote on 09/22/2016 12:03 PM:
> Spoofing the window consistently is probably not possible as there are
> numerous ways to find out the dimensions of your actual window size.
> Thus, making sure you get a properly rounded window size seems to be the
> easier route to mitigate fingerprinting.

where and how is this controlled though?  in a default firefox window,
the test site reports back my actual screen resolution, no matter what
size the window is.  it seems TBB is doing some spoofing somewhere but
it is always returning the size of the window.  1000x500 is not a screen
resolution used anywhere, so if TBB starts with a window size of
1000x500 we can almost be certain that it is a Tor Browser and not
blending in with other clients