[tbb-dev] Please come help us
dhuseby at mozilla.com
Fri Sep 16 21:56:46 UTC 2016
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hi TBB devs,
I have a favor to ask. We at Mozilla are trying to uplift as many of
the TBB patches into the Mozilla central repo before we fork the next
ESR on, or around, November 7th, 2016.
The Mozilla engineers currently working on this are focused on
implementing and debugging our new first party isolation mechanism.
That leaves another 18 bugs that need to be uplifted that aren't
related to first party isolation. That's where you come in. We would
really appreciate any help you can give us in uplifting the patches.
The list of bugs is here: https://is.gd/tbT10I
Here's the general "how to":
0) (optional) if you don't have one, create a bugzilla account. if you
don't want to do that, you may just email me the patches for review
1) assign the bug to yourself and mark it as "assigned".
2) go to https://torpat.ch/<tor trac number> to get the diffs. the
trac numbers are in most of the bugs. (if you're using git with moz
central you can directly cherry pick the revisions from the tbb repo).
3) add a new pref to firefox and set it to disabled by default. we've
been putting them under privacy.* mostly.
4) refactor the patch so that the new functionality only works when
the pref is enabled. the one exception is if it is a bug fix, then a
pref is probably not needed.
5) submit the updated patch for review and landing.
That's it! Thank you ahead of time for any of you that jump in to
help. The more patches we get uplifted, the smaller, and quicker, the
next Tor Browser rebase will be.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the tbb-dev