[tbb-dev] Fwd: [desktop][mobile] Schedule Update for 50, ESR45.5 release and Merge day

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon Oct 31 18:45:25 UTC 2016

The next Firefox release is delayed by one week.

----- Forwarded message from Ritu Kothari <rkothari at mozilla.com> -----

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 17:34:04 -0700
From: Ritu Kothari <rkothari at mozilla.com>
To: dev-platform at lists.mozilla.org, Firefox Dev <firefox-dev at mozilla.org>
Subject: [desktop][mobile] Schedule Update for 50, ESR45.5 release and Merge day

Schedule change:

   - 50 go-live date is Nov 15th (was Nov 8th).
   - ESR 45.5 go-live date is Nov 15th (was Nov 8th).
   - Merge day is Nov 14th (was Nov 7th).
      - Beta 51 cycle starts ~Nov 16th
      - Aurora 52 cycle starts ~Nov 18th.
      - Beta -> Release migration is Oct 31st (remains unchanged).
   - 50.1.0 (planned dot release) go-live date of Dec 13th remains
   unchanged.
   - 51 go-live date of Jan 24th remains unchanged.

*Why the change in schedule?*

   - We decided to take two late uplifts  (in m-b yesterday) re:add-on
SDK (bugs
   1309351 and 1309350)

   - These two changes need more bake time on Beta channel.
   - RC mode for Fx50 starts on Oct 31st & we remain in code freeze mode
   for two weeks.
   - RC builds will be pushed out on an as-needed basis.

Please let me now if you have any questions or concerns.
Thanks,
Ritu