[tbb-dev] An Electrolysis-based approach for URL-bar domain isolation?

Mark Smith mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Tue Jan 5 14:28:55 UTC 2016

On 1/4/16 8:51 PM, Arthur D. Edelstein wrote:
> It's a good question. I think at the moment they may be in the chrome
> process. Where memory stores go would presumably need to be part of
> the discussion with Mozilla. Maybe having the cache in the content
> process could be an option?

The idea of somehow leveraging the E10s architecture to achieve
isolation is an interesting one. We would need quite a bit of
cooperation from Mozilla in order to make it work (e.g., per-content
process caches) but we could see if they are interested in working with
us / heading in a direction that would make this possible.

--
Mark Smith
Pearl Crescent