[tbb-dev] An Electrolysis-based approach for URL-bar domain isolation?

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Mon Jan 4 21:11:38 UTC 2016

On 2 January 2016 at 18:01, Arthur D. Edelstein
<arthuredelstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I'm thinking: could we use the Electrolysis mechanism to use a
> separate content process for each URL bar domain? In that case, any
> information in a given content process not explicitly shared with
> other processes or written to disk would be automatically isolated to
> the URL bar domain [3]. For example, there could be a separate
> in-memory cache in each content process.

This may be a naive question but... are these memory stores _in_ the
content process? It seems like Mozilla would want to put them in the
chrome process for the same reason we want them in the content process
- in their case, make things faster by sharing them across processes.

-tom