[tbb-dev] Firefox 37 (and 31.6.0esr?) release moved up one week

anonym anonym at riseup.net
Fri Mar 6 14:23:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

Firefox 37 was supposed to be released on 2015-04-07 but has been moved
up one week, to 2015-03-31 [1], to not coincide with Easter. I suppose
the same goes for the 31.6.0esr release (why shouldn't it?). If that's
so, will you also move up the release date for the next Tor Browser for
a same day release with the corresponding Firefox ESR release?

The same apparently goes for Firefox 38 (moved up one week) but Firefox
39 will be on schedule (so there will be *seven* weeks between 38 and
39). I guess that in general I'm interested to know if you'll always aim
to follow Mozilla's release schedule. This is quite relevant for us
Tails developers to know, so we can adapt our release cycle according to
your (and indirectly, Mozilla's) release dates.

Cheers!

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates