[tbb-dev] Remaining loose ends for 5.0a3

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Thu Jun 25 18:36:09 UTC 2015

Mike Perry:
> Georg:
>  * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16351
>    - Needs binutils patch? Unclear on what we need here.

This should be fixed.

> Georg/Myself:
>  * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16005
>    - Is the patch breaking the game, minimal mode itself, or something else?
>      If disabling webgl.min_capability_mode doesn't make the game work,
>      then either something about our build process or your system is at
>      fault, and not this patch. I say merge it in that case (or ask
>      for secondary review).

I have some questions I mentioned in my last comment. The non-working on
my OS X testing system should not be a blocker from getting this patch
(or a slightly modified one) merged. I'll open a ticket for this issue
once we have an alpha to point to and then we can start investigating.

>  * Still need to fix up Torbutton somehow.. Should we create a branch from
>    some commit in the history, or are all the merged changes for FF38 OK
>    for FF31 and 4.5.x?
>    - Either way, we'll need to handle the window resizing pref for 4.5.3.

I created a maintenance branch (maint-1.9) as I thought we don't need to
spend our time testing whether all those changes made for ESR 38 are
working in an ESR 31 environment as well. I just cherry-picked the
Disconnect related fix as this landed on Tor Browser's stable branch and
the translation update. And, last but not least, I disabled the window
resizing again.

> Myself:
>  * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16403
>    - Need localization to propagate the new params
>      - How do we handle localization of the stable torbutton? New branch?

As I said above, for now to get the Disconnect related changes included
I cherry-picked the translation update. One thing I noted is that some
translators seem to have translated the location option of the
parameters. They adapted it to their respective language. I am inclined
to see this behavior as a bug although it might enhance usability in
some cases.

>  * Still need to rebase onto the June 30th Firefox release tags.

I rebased the stable branch. And tagged a stable build thereafter. I am
currently doing one for 4.5.3 using tbb-4.5.3-build1.

> Anything I missed?

I don't think so.

Georg