[tbb-dev] Remaining loose ends for 5.0a3

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Thu Jun 25 07:15:11 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I went on a merge rampage earlier today merging everything that seemed
ready for 5.0a3. A few loose ends remain, though. Here's a quick list of
the remaining things we need to wrap up somehow, broken down by person.

Arthur:
 * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/13670
   - Probably shouldn't be merged until mcs's concerned are fixed
     (ideally with the proper URI-like cache key). Either that, or we
     just let it sit out.

 * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/15646
   - We should probably go with this patch as-is for now and fix it
     later, unless Arthur has time to update it tomorrow. My preference
     is for fixing up #13670 for it to be good enough to go in 5.0a3
     though.

Pearl Crescent:
 * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16397
   - This patch did not apply against FF38. It seemed to only be against
     the stable?

 * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16300
   - Either needs revision or we need to disable the BroadcastChannel API via
     pref. Either one is fine with me. My preference is on #16397
     getting done first.

Phoul:
 * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16268
   - Blocking on transifex

Georg:
 * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16351
   - Needs binutils patch? Unclear on what we need here.

Georg/Myself:
 * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16005
   - Is the patch breaking the game, minimal mode itself, or something else?
     If disabling webgl.min_capability_mode doesn't make the game work,
     then either something about our build process or your system is at
     fault, and not this patch. I say merge it in that case (or ask
     for secondary review).

 * Still need to fix up Torbutton somehow.. Should we create a branch from
   some commit in the history, or are all the merged changes for FF38 OK
   for FF31 and 4.5.x?
   - Either way, we'll need to handle the window resizing pref for 4.5.3.

Myself:
 * https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16403
   - Need localization to propagate the new params
     - How do we handle localization of the stable torbutton? New branch?

 * Still need to rebase onto the June 30th Firefox release tags.

Anything I missed?

--
Mike Perry