[tbb-dev] Orfox Updates
amoghbl1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 04:54:11 UTC 2015
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Build updates with Orfox.
Building Firefox for Android on the current tor browser dev branch
caused some problems with the app that it produced. Finding a fix to
this seemed almost impossible with the limited log that the app produced
and so I decided to apply patches manually from the
GECKO380esr_2015050513_RELBRANCH to get the tb branch. A set of news
updates related to this process can be found at the Orfox news  page.
Eventually, after going through all the patches and testing out the
applications it was producing, I managed to boil it down to one file
that was causing the problems, toolkit/xre/nsXREDirProvider.cpp . This
file seems to be modified as a patch to bug 9173  . Currently I've
replaced this with the esr38 release branch file. I'd like to know
whether this is fine, if not, what other fix can be found for this
problem. My current working branch can be found on my github  and the
branch for Orfox  is there as well.
Firefox for Android has multiple network implementations that work at
the Java/Android layer, a report of that can be found on the Orfox
project page , . I am working alongside mozilla to speed up fixing
these issues as well .
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the tbb-dev