[tbb-dev] Fwd: [tor-dev] Tor Project Idea | GSOC 2015 | Panopticlick | fake fingerprint

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon Feb 16 11:26:16 UTC 2015

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Rohit Dua wrote:

> Hello
>
> I recently proposed a gsoc project realating to panopticlick and browser
> fingerprinting. But due non availability of mentor, Damian Johnson had to
> drop the idea from volunteer page.
>
> I am writing this email to ask if someone could be available as a mentor
> for the gsoc project relating panopticlick.
> I wrote some scripts to randomize browser fingerprint
> github.com/rohit-dua/selkie . You may want to check these out.

Hi,

This tool to scrap websites using randomized fingerprint seems to be
a completly different project from Panopticlick where the goal is to
evaluate the fingerprintability of a browser. Maybe a script like this
has some uses, however I don't think it's very useful in the case of
TBB where we are trying to make all browsers look the same.

Nicolas