[tbb-dev] automatic updates for add-ons in Tor Browser

sajolida sajolida at pimienta.org
Sun Apr 5 12:50:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm part of the people working on Tails and I have a doubt about Tor
Browser that I couldn't solve by reading your design document.

Are automatic updates performed on additional extensions that the user
might install in Tor Browser? The design document only mentions that
"addon updates" are proxied as well which might mean that they still
happen but it's not explicit. According to Giorgio Maone, a regular
Firefox checks for updates of the extensions once per day but we were
not sure whether Tor Browser prevents this for some reason.

--
sajolida