[tbb-dev] Notes from the help desk

Matt Pagan matt at pagan.io
Tue Sep 23 00:24:01 UTC 2014

Hi browser devs,

Apologies for missing the IRC meeting today. Some news from this past week:

There's been an increase in the number of users who have trouble using
Tor Browser with a VPN. In news that may or may not be related, the new
silk road apparently has some instructions on their site telling users
that they should use Tor from behind a VPN. So far none of the VPN users
I've spoken too have provided me their Tor logs. Hopefully someone will
soon.

It's great that more and more YouTube videos are available in HTML5
format nowadays. However, demand for Flash in Tor Browser is still
quite strong. BBC and Grooveshark are two popular sites Tor users wish
they could enjoy while using Tor Browser.

Another popular help desk request is for general tips on staying safe
on the web. I usually direct these folks to
https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en#warning

All the best,
Matt Pagan