[tbb-dev] 64 bit Mac Builds?

Mark Smith mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Wed Sep 3 13:13:47 UTC 2014

On 9/2/14, 11:25 PM, Tom Ritter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I _think_ I've managed to build a 64-bit version of Tor Browser for
> Mac OS.  Specifically, I built the entire bundle, but only TorBrowser
> was modified to be 64bit.  The changes I made are here:
> https://github.com/tomrittervg/tor-browser/commit/79fbe1e3ffde1ac3577a9937aa88f6785b161634
> (ignore the last couple lines commenting out some options I had added,
> then removed).
>
> The bundles are here:
> https://ritter.vg/misc/transient/2014-09-02-4.x-1-build1-tjr5/
>
> It would be fantastic if anyone could test the bundles and/or the
> patch and determine if
>
> a) you agree it's 64 bit
> b) it works

I did a quick test on a Mac OS 10.9.4 system and I also confirmed that
all of the Firefox binaries are 64-bit.  The tor and pluggable transport
pieces are still 32-bit (but you already knew that).  Would there be any
advantage from a security perspective if we also deliver 64-bit binaries
for tor and related components?

> c) anyone else can reproduce a 64 bit build (I'm not going for full
> reproducibility right now, just a successfull build that is 64 bit)

I need to do some ESR31 patch work first....

--
Mark Smith
Pearl Crescent