[tbb-dev] TBB in Tails 1.2: Release timing with TBB 4.0 release?

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Mon Oct 6 09:03:17 UTC 2014

Georg Koppen wrote (06 Oct 2014 07:11:42 GMT) :
>> Quite simply put, do you think that an esr31-based TBB 4.0 worthy to be
>> shipped in Tails 1.2 will be out on 2014-10-15?

> That's at least the plan.

Cool -- thanks!

> It might even be safe for you to already take
> the Tor Browser code one or two days earlier depending on the things you
> need as the last day is usually spent with rebundling (in case there was
> some last minute extension update that popped up during the build
> process) and doing the release itself (rsyncing the bundles, writing the
> release notes, preparing the signatures...)

Unfortunately, we still haven't looked into building the browser
ourselves, so I think we'll still depend on you to prepare the
tarballs before we can build our own ISO. Still, I guess we'll take
your -build1 (which is very close to what we've been doing so far)
instead of waiting for the final released tarball.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri