[tbb-dev] TBB design doc updated for 4.0

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Thu Nov 6 23:58:39 UTC 2014

Georg Koppen:
> Mike Perry:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've finally updated the design doc to cover TBB 4.0:
> > https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/
> >
> > In particular, the fingerprinting section saw substantial updates:
> > https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/#fingerprinting-linkability
> >
> > I also added a build security section that could probably use more links
> > and more details:
> > https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/#BuildSecurity
> >
> > Feedback welcome! Patches are even more welcomer! ;)
>
> Ok. After thinking about it a bit more, here is additional feedback:
>
> 15) In 4.6.10 we might want to mention our #13027 backport.

I believe I've fixed all of Tom's and your comments in the latest update
(and also added 4.5-alpha-1 material too), except for this one. I think
it is a distracting implementation detail, especially since Mozilla has
already committed the fix for future versions. Other browsers are
unlikely to hit this same bug, and may also have different bugs related
to directly JS-exposed OS and arch info.

--
Mike Perry